Our Type 1 Diabetes Community
JDRF is committed to improving the lives of the type 1 diabetes community by keeping you informed about the latest developments in type 1 diabetes research and by providing a range of support services to help you from initial diagnosis through to managing life with type 1 diabetes.
- Path to a Cure - Our type 1 diabetes blog has regular posts about life with type 1 diabetes, medical research and the search for a cure. The posts will be about all things type 1 diabetes and users have the ability to post comments or share stories through their Facebook accounts.
- Youth Ambassadors - Becoming a JDRF Youth Ambassador gives young people with type 1 diabetes the opportunity to influence business and government through a range of activities. Being a Youth Ambassador can also help with personal development and confidence.
- JDRF Advocates - As a JDRF Advocate you will build links between the type 1 diabetes community and Australia's politicians. By educating today's decision makers you will enable them to better understand the concerns and needs of those impacted by type 1 diabetes.
- Volunteering - JDRF relies on the generosity of volunteers to help us find a cure so please get involved and help is in any way you can.
- Support for the Newly Diagnosed - Through Healthcare Professionals, JDRF provides information packs filled with critical information for families and adults at the point of diagnosis.
- Ongoing Support - Our Peer Support Program connects people affected by type 1 diabetes together so they can quickly gain the support of the community and learn how to effectively manage life with type 1 diabetes.
- Insulin Pump Grants - Find out more about accessing government subsidies to help make insulin pump therapy more affordable and accessible to children under 18.
- Healthcare Professionals - JDRF is committed to providing relevant resources to create good outcomes for the type 1 diabetes community.