Young people with type 1 diabetes are some of our most influential advocates. They are outstanding at raising awareness of the urgent need for investment in Australia's best and most promising diabetes research to find a cure.
Not only can they influence the decision-makers, Youth Ambassadors can also spread the word and make a difference amongst their own networks. By taking the initiative and creating or joining fundraising events through Team Cure Diabetes, and talking about their activities on social media, Youth Ambassadors can teach all their friends and families about type 1 diabetes and how it affects 122,300 Australians every day.
Youth Ambassadors help JDRF increase diabetes awareness and funding by:
- Organising fundraising activities through Team Cure Diabetes
- Advocating for JDRF through social media
- Speaking at corporate events
- Writing to local businesses
- Writing to State and Federal Members of Parliament
- Increasing community awareness through school talks, special events and media interviews