With the help and commitment of a wide range of supporters, JDRF has been able to make vital progress towards a cure. There is still more work to do and that is where you can help.
Make a donation
JDRF funds the best and most promising diabetes research here in Australia and around the world. Donations from people like you have enabled JDRF to invest over US$1.3 billion to support every major research breakthrough in the past 30 years.
- Donate - Make a one-off gift towards finding a cure for type 1 diabetes
- Regular Giving - Provide the long term support that is needed to advance the best medical research.
- Payroll Giving - Make a pre-tax regular contribution to JDRF and help fund critical T1D research
- Bequests - Make the ultimate commitment to finding a cure by naming JDRF in your estate.
Volunteer Your Time
JDRF provides a unique opportunity for you to help take one step closer to treating, curing and preventing type 1 diabetes. With other advocates and ambassadors you'll have a vital role in building links between people affected by type 1 diabetes and Australia's politicians. By reaching out to today's decision makers you'll give them a better understanding of life with type 1 diabetes, and have an opportunity to get their support in helping to find a cure.
Get involved with our fundraising events
JDRF holds a range of state and national fundraising events to help raise funds to invest in research to find a cure for type 1 diabetes. These events are an opportunity for the type 1 diabetes community and our many JDRF supporters to make a difference in the search for a cure.
- JDRF One Walk - Is an opportunity for all members of the community to get together and raise funds through walks held all over Australia.
- JDRF One Ride - Allows riders to challenge themselves to a ride through South Australia's Barossa Valley and challenge diabetes with a great group of friends.
- JDRF Gala Ball - Join a JDRF Gala Ball for a glamorous and enjoyable night raising funds for type 1 diabetes research. Events are held in Sydney, Brisbane, Perth and Melbourne in May.
- Jump to Cure Diabetes - A tandem skydive, it's the easiest way to experience the thrill of jumping out of a plane, while you make a big difference to JDRF and medical research.
- Create Your Own Fundraiser - Feeling creative, and have a great idea for raising funds for type 1 diabetes research? You can create your own fundraiser with a personalised fundraising page on the JDRF website.
- Team Cure Diabetes - Create your own fundraising event or participate in an existing event to help us find a cure for type 1 diabetes. Not sure where to start? Check out our fundraising toolkit!