JDRF originated as a volunteer led organisation, and the passion and dedication of those who provide time, resources, and experience is the key to our growth and the attainment of our vision of a world without type 1 diabetes. Volunteers have always been embedded in our business and hold diverse roles within JDRF, from involvement in advocacy, to Lay and Medical Review Panels, to Corporate and Family Committees, to regular office support, and much more. Volunteers are our heritage, the heart of JDRF and will be the key to our future success.
Volunteer Recognition Awards
The JDRF Volunteer Award program is intended to formally recognise and thank volunteers for the time and contribution that they generously provide to JDRF.
We are seeking nominations from members of the community to recognise any adult or child who has volunteered for JDRF during the twelve month period between 1 July 2016 and 30 June 2017 and has not received payment or other rewards for their involvement. The winners of this Award will result from nominations that demonstrate the volunteer’s success in one or more of the following areas:
- Generated increased fundraising revenue on a particular event or activity
- Showed an approach to fundraising that was new or innovative & generated fabulous outcomes for JDRF
- Displayed outstanding dedication of time or work over a period of time
- Used their professional skills, support, advice, connections or influence to shape the success of the JDRF operation
- Been an active ambassador, government advocate or media representative for JDRF and type 1 diabetes
Nominations for the 2016/2017 awards are open all year round, and will close 23 June 2017 with winners announced in August and awarded at each local JDRF One Walk in 2017.
NOMINATE SOMEONE FOR THE 2016/2017 VOLUNTEER AWARDS TODAY
See Previous Winners
See 2015 winners.
See 2014 winners.
See 2013 winners.
See 2012 winners.