JDRF Australia offers conference support grants in order to facilitate collaboration and information sharing within the local type 1 diabetes research community.
This scheme is available to Australian-based organisations, for funding of up to $6,000 to support the organisation of meetings relevant to the JDRF mission – to prevent, treat and cure type 1 diabetes and its complications.
Meetings must be relevant to type 1 diabetes and demonstrate a focus on one or more of JDRF’s therapeutic areas:
- Beta Cell Therapies;
- Immune Therapies;
- Complications Therapies; or
- Glucose Control.
Funding for meetings will be assessed on the following criteria:
- The purpose of meeting, including the need for the meeting;
- How the meeting relates to JDRF goals;
- How information resulting from the meeting will be disseminated;
- The appropriateness of the budget;
- The calibre of the meeting organisers (key persons or organisation); and
- The quality of the meeting speakers.
Applications for conference support are accepted for consideration throughout the year. Applications must include the following:
- Completed application form
- Letter of intent (max 2 pages)
- Details of key persons or organisations involved in organising the meeting
- Proposed meeting program/agenda
- Qualifications and current positions of speakers
The letter of intent must address:
- The purpose of meeting, including defining the need for the meeting
- How the meeting relates to JDRF goals
- How information resulting from the meeting will be disseminated
- The budget for funds requested from JDRF and details of other organisations approached for funding.
Applications should be submitted as a single document in PDF or MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will only be accepted if complete. Please ensure all requirements are met.
In general, complimentary registration for a designated member of JDRF staff, or JDRF guests, is required for JDRF sponsorship of a meeting.
JDRF sponsorship must be acknowledged in all publicity and in the program for the meeting and any proceedings or publications resulting from the meeting.
Copies of proceedings or publications resulting from the meeting must be provided to JDRF.
JDRF reserves the right to post the meeting notice/agenda as well as other information relating to the meeting on the JDRF website. In addition, the application is required to provide a brief report, written in lay terms, after the meeting for posting on the JDRF website.
For more information contact JDRF by e-mail at email@example.com or phone on (02) 9020 6100.